Monday, May 19, 2014

How to Date your Spouse

Dating my spouse after marriage is surely different than when I and my husband were still having relationship before marriage. I and my fiance (my husband now) lived far away separately by thousands miles. I was in Indonesia and my husband was in USA. We spent our dating times most on the emails and phone calls. I could not imagine if at that time only one day I didn't get his email or maybe I didn't hear his voice in couple days. But that was him, he was never absent sending email to me everyday or called me three times per week. Also I said that he didn't need to spend a lot of money for phone calls every three times per week or even more than that. He replied, it seemed cheaper than we spent together every weekend to have lunch or dinner at the restaurants or had a date outside in USA. Hearing what he said, I could not claim it. I think he was right, and of course the frequency of the emails he sent and phone calls he gave, those made me so happy and felt closer to him. Gatting his emails and hearing his voice on the phone, those made me peace.

Now after almost 8 years of our marriage and we have a cute, smart and beautiful daughter, that situation above isn't same. We are busy to do our daily activities, our house, our jobs, etc. I can see him and talk to him everyday, but having dating privately looks little difficult, because of the different work schedules we have.

Although we face it together our marriage life that is still full with love, trust and loyalty, and feeling we find a little difficulties to have dates, we don't give up, especially for me.

Dating my spouse for me is a simple way because I am just a simple person whom my husband loves and gives a big trust on. I always cook great food and he loves it. Sometimes he wants to bring it to share the food with a friend or some friends at work. Then he calls me from work and tells me how good the food is. Sometimes he puts the friends on the phone so I can hear them adoring my food. It makes my husband so proud of me and loves me more and more.

Sometimes I send an e-card to show how I love him especially for the special day, like his Birthday, Valentine Day, Fathers Day, our Anniversary, Christmas Day or New Year. I always surprise him with different gifts, or even it is only my own poem for him I write on a nice paper. He loves it because it comes from my heart.

I like playing on his skin, and it makes him feel likes the signal that I want to make love with him although I don't, but finally we enjoy it together and sometimes bring us to make love.

Once a year we can schedule to plan a small vacation out of city and stay in the hotel just one night and from this way, we will create a great memory for both of us.

One key for me to date my spouse is just to make him happy and he feels like a special needed person for me. I don't need to spend a lot of money to do it but here I am, through my simple ways as a simple person I have brought our dating worthy, memorable, enjoyable, and sweet.(*)


Published at Helium, March 26, 2007, http://www.relating360.com/index.php/how-to-date-your-spouse-13-46030/

No comments:

Post a Comment