Monday, May 19, 2014

POEM: Father

MY  FATHER

in the morning you have left
in the evening you have come home
in the night you always pray
never gets tired, that's what I remember
never gives up, that's what I see
discipline strongly, that's what I follow
gives me the spirit for learning continually
sharpens the brain for the future
gives me the direction in action
speaks from 'a' to 'z' in advising
what enormous you are
I know he is just a human being
who has pluses and minuses
one thing I always know
there are no 'tired' words to effort
all he does, are for the family
I respect him and I love him


(Dedicated to my father who lives in Surabaya, Indonesia)
Coatesville, January 31st, 2007

Published at Helium, March 1, 2007, http://www.beyondprose.com/index.php/poetry-father-92-317104/

No comments:

Post a Comment