Monday, May 19, 2014

Success Definition

What does 'success' mean to you? I think before we talk about this interesting word, we should know about its definition.

Several resources I got, they said that 'success' is:

1. Success means different things to different people. For some, monetary reward is a measure of success. Yet others have multiple definition of success.

a. The Different Areas

They measure it across a few areas. It can be career, health, spiritual, emotional, time or financial. As an example, one can be successful in one's career but not emotionally. Of course, this list isn't exhaustive - so you can add areas that are relevant to you.

To find your own definition of success you need to dig deep within yourself and question your values in life. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are the things that are important to you? By answering these questions you can then come closer to your own definition of success. Be aware that this can be a long process. You may not get the answers so quickly. But it is alright. Define your measure of success, one at a time.

b. It is A Journey

When defining your success, remember this important thing. Success is a journey. It has multiple peaks and not one ultimate pinnacle. One success builds on another. Setbacks and mistake will also help you build success. At different periods of your life, success is defined differently. (http://www.career-success-for-newbies.com/)

2. Success is a mindset (Jennie S. Bev)

Two of those resources above are enough for me to define 'success', and brafely I will say that I am a success person because I have a happy life with my own family although I am just a simple person who becomes a lovely wife for my husband, a lovely mother for my children, a good person to be a friend to my friends, a good and loyal associate at my work, a responsible and loyal person in doing the activities that I like to do them, and as an inspirational person to the readers who they might think I am as their inspirational person to them (thank you), although I don't have millions dollars at my bank account, I drive my own car, 1997 Oldsmobile (silver sedan) that I bought with my own money after 1 year working and put away 20% of every paycheck I got, living in a cute and small house with almost a half acre land, feeling free to express everything through my writings, feeling happy in doing a lot of things that I like to do, and exciting in doing several things in order to reach several achivements in the future.

You might have a giant house or have millions dollars in your bank account, a good career, as a famous person/artist, going to vacation every year to another country, or driving an excellent car, but if you have unhappy family or you feel unhappy by yourself, feeling not safe, feeling nobody loves you and maybe they love you because of a certain purpose; do you think you still consider yourself as a success person? I don't think so.

Success is not a happiness, but a happiness in doing and having something that I do and enjoy, it will bring me to be a success person.(*)


Published at Helium, January 25, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment