Monday, May 19, 2014

Success Writing Story

I almost didn't believe when I got an email from the most Indonesia prestigious public magazine's editor that my writing about a book review had been published. They sent me a link showing my article was there with my name was printed next to it. I also was so amazed how much money I got from them in just one full page in writing. It was like an average of Indonesian's income. I couldn't believe it, since that time I understood why writing world became one of the career most the people chased for. That moment had given me more confident, I felt like I could do well in writing and got a great confession.

I think it was a beginning of my serious adventure in writing. Actually I have long story in my writing world. Many friends said that writing was difficult but it wasn't for me. When I was a little child, I had been trained by my father to write. I asked him what the topics I should write. He said that I could write anything, about the activities after waking up in the morning, my activities after school, my activities for the coming holiday, etc. In the beginning I found the difficulties but after trying many times, finally I could do it although it was just couple lines in my writing. I thought at that time writing was easy, It wasn't like I thought before.

My first short story titled 'Kidung Kasih buat Lintang' was written in Indonesian when I was in Junior High School. As a teenager (13 y.o.) who wrote a such uncommon thing made me very excited, especially it was published in the first edition of my school magazine, then I kept writing several poems there and they kept them published.

I was so lucky I still could continue my writing when I was in Senior High School because I had 3 close friends who had the same interest in writing. We got involved in several writing competitions or sent our writings to the school wall magazine and local daily newspaper. The very fun thing from this activity was if everybody got their writing published and got honorarium or other stuffs from the sponsors, we would share them each other. But after I went to the college, my writing activity was totally stop instead doing many paper-works especially many homeworks from my laboratory class. This situation continued till I had a job that kept me so very busy and never thought to have desire again in writing.

Thank God! after I moved to USA, four years later, a new online Indonesia news based on citizen journalism attended in cyber world. I was so glad, finally my desire in writing appeared again especially after I did blogging. I also registered as a member in an English writing site, Helium, to improve my English skill in writing. I enjoyed every story and poems I wrote and got rewards there.

Now I am running my three own blogs, they are my personal Blog, my published stuff Blog and my daughter's Blog. I totally worked hard to make these blogs beautifully and interesting to be read and visited by the visitors. What I did for those three blogs were amazing. Till right now I have gotten 39 Blog awards from my Blogger friends for my personal Blog that has been running since February 2006, and 2 (two) awards for my daughter's Blog that has been running since August 2007. My published stuff Blog is a new Blog I created last month in November 2008 since I have published my first e-book and my own classic calender that contains my 24 own photographs taken from my own garden and a poem of mine.

I'm also a freelance writer at Helium, a writer team at Cross Written and an author at The Daily Avocado, a new online magazine. Being a freelance writer at Helium was a very smart step I ever took. In there I can really practice my English writing skill and I am so proud of myself because I have written 59 articles including poems and get 67% in writing score. I'm sure one day with my consistently writing in this site, I will reach at least 2 writing stars.

Another site, Cross Written is a devotional Blog which the founder invited me as a writer there with some other Bloggers he had choosen already. We never meet each other and we just meet from blogging. He said that he liked my writings at my personal Blog. They inspired him, were written well and smoothly. In just one year of its anniversary, we were so proud to publish our first devotional e-book that was free to be downloaded. Since that time the visitors at this Blog increased.

Now I'm in progress to finish my first book that I'll write in series after I published my two e-books last month. Although they are self published but they are a good start for me to be a confident writer who just knows how to publish e-book/book in USA publishing world.

Honestly, the world of writing becomes one of my interests beside landscaping and broadcasting. If most other people write for money or hobby, but is not for me. Writing becomes a part of my life. Every thought, feeling, and imaginaton about something, I express them through my writings. There is a special thing that I can not say in writing. I just feel free, comfortable and satisfied to express everything I like, I think and I fell without any interuptions from the others. The various comments I got from writing, either from my own Blogs, and other sites I join with become the special supports for me to keep me writing and writing, better and better again.

One day, I'm sure after I feel more confident in my self-publishing after finishing my series books, I'll write an interesting topic about myself who married with an American man and moved to USA with many interesting stories that will be published by a great publisher! I should be patient to wait this moment happens in my life. I just need a high discipline attitude to keep writing well to reach my dream. This is what writing success means to me. We don't need to wait becomes a popular writer or a best seller book. Writing success is about mindset. If we say that we are success in writing, our action will bring us to do the effort to be a success writer.(*)


Published at Helium, December 2, 2008, http://www.beyondprose.com/index.php/writing-writing-world-memoirs-in-writing-memoirs-of-success-writing-success-writing-story-166077/

No comments:

Post a Comment