Monday, May 19, 2014

Tips for Healthy Skin

I had many small red pimples that almost covered my entire face when I was a college student. I lived at a small room in a boarding house. One day the owner came and spoke to me. She just wanted to let me know that she was concerned about my face. Then she recommended that I should clean my face with a cleanser and toner. I thought she was right. From that time I tried so hard to be disciplined in cleaning my face at least once per day with those products.

When I chose them. I first need to know what type of skin I have. My skin is in the oily skin category, so I should buy them special for the oily skin. Because at that time I was a student, so I should choose the products those were not expensive at all but could help me as my purpose: to clean my face well without any effect. I chose the products those contents natural ingredients. With using those natural skin care products, it helped me feeling safe because they didn't contain chemicals. Then I followed the directions on the back of the product and I apply them at least once per day before I went to bed.

Through my patience, in just a couple months, my face cleared up, without many red pimples everywhere on my face. My old friends could not believe it. They thought I used a special face medicine to get rid of my small red pimples. I told them honestly, I just used the cleanser and toner every time I came home, especially before I went to bed, but they still didn't believe me. They thought I was hiding a personal secret in taking care of my face problem. Since that time, after I knew and experienced how great those cleanser and toner were. I realized I had saved my face, I never stopped using those products in my daily basic beauty routine. Besides cleanser and toner, I also used a moisturizer (same brand). This skin care product helped my face avoid dryness, especially at the time when I lived in tropical country, Indonesia.

For my whole body, I always use lotion after taking a bath/shower everyday. The frequency would be higher when the winter comes. I would use it every time I feel to need it. In the summer, I always protect my skin with anti-UV products every time I go out under the sunshine.

After I moved to the USA, those products I mention above always accompany me in the daily activity in taking care of my skin. After I reached 30 years old, I have chosen the skin care products that are extra strength (including with anti-aging) especially for my moisturizer and eye cream products. Those products can reduce the wrinkles around my face and my eyes.

Those treatments I mention above aren't complete without following a good daily life style. What is that?

- I drink water a lot more than any juice or soda. Every morning after I wake up and before going to bed, drinking a glass of water is a duty for me and is one of my good habits. - Eating a lot of vegetables and fruits is a must for me in my daily meal. - I always avoid eating a lot of food that contains a lot of fat, like peanuts or peanut butter, etc. everyday. I will consume them when I just want to eat them. These kinds of foods will boost the problems on my face, like pimples easily.

- To maintain our stamina and build the stronger muscles,I and my husband always take the schedule in the middle of spring-in the middle of autumn, to walk together at the park. Out of those seasons, we do our regular fitness at home. I like doing the aerobic gymnastics. The stronger muscles will show the tighter skins.

You may or may not believe that right now most people believe I am about 19 years old. Even my husband says I look younger than they guessed. My friends at work scream when they hear my real age (38). I am not very tall so this adds to the same illusion.

Well, I might be missing some details in the paragraphs above, but I believe everything I wrote can give simple guidance/tip to promote the healthy skin for the readers. Just in case you are interested to know more tips for healthy skin, I suggest you visit this website at http://www.prevention.com/cda/homepage.do. (*)



Published at Helium, March 15, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment