Monday, November 24, 2014

Publishing My First Book

Publishing my first book, it is my desire and my focus right now. As a new and first author for my first book, I have been so busy in looking for a right publishing company that would be match with my needs.
As a writer who will write something, the first step is I have to know what I am going to write in my book. My soul, my mind and my thought would be applied into it. My first book would be a great book that would tell about my great life experiences as an immigrant who lives in USA.
The second step is I have to find a right publishing company who is pro with the author. I know this is difficult, sometimes they have presented everything so nice on their website but we don't know its reality until we decide to send our manuscripts there, then we will see how they work.
After searching many times, thanks God, finally I found what I was looking for. This made me more confident in writing my first book because I have known already where the place I would bring my manuscripts to.
Several reasons I choose "A" publishing company:
1) It is a Christian based. I trust it more than general (non christian) based although it doesn't give me a guarantee.
2) Family owned. I like this, because they know better how approach and treat the authors.
3) Main-line publishing organization with a mission to discover unknown authors. They combine unknown authors undiscovered potential with their unique approach to publishing, and provide me with the highest quality book with the most inclusive benefits package available.
4) They offer the very best opportunity for first-time authors in the industry today.
First, my book will be unique. From the editing to graphic design of my print book and eBook to the voicing and conception of my audio book, I will be involved in the process of creating a variety of products that I will be proud of multiple products that will allow me to truly penetrate the market in a variety of ways.
Second, their marketing team will partner with me to sell my book through nationwide distribution and work hand in hand with Key Marketing Group to publicize both the release of my book and the book signings and appearances they schedule for me. Finally, I will be assigned a personal marketing representative that will provide unending customer support, they will help me market my book for as long as I desire to pursue the endeavor!
5) In addition, this publishing company is not a POD, vanity or self-publisher. That I was looking for and as a main condition I would choose. They are very selective with the titles they choose. The larger self-publishers in the industry average over 46,000 authors per company. As of 2008, this publishing company boasts an author pool of just 1,028, yet their sales numbers and average sales volumes are much greater. Their selectivity makes it possible for them to provide their authors with a level of market penetration that is second to none because of the quality of their product. They have the best reputation in the industry for quality and service and are looking forward to speaking with me about my work.
Other interesting things I have learned about this publishing company: Every one of their authors are involved in the production process of their book. This is very important to me. They want my input and feedback on things like the cover design and the editing process, and I will have direct access to the people working hard to make my book a reality.
6) Their marketing staff strives everyday to give their authors' books the attention they deserve. They work hard and partner with every author to set up book signing events, media coverage and book reviews.
Beside releasing my book as a traditional paper book, they will also release it as an audio book, audio book download (from partners like Audible.com and Apple's iTunes Store) and eBook. They will give my book the best chance for success by simultaneously releasing it in a variety of formats.
Other important thing I have noticed: this publishing company is not a vanity press. They do not take on every project that is submitted. They are interested in the potential in every author. However, with the amount of resources that this publishing company pours into each project, they have to be selective with the works they choose. They want my book to be a success!
7) My Book would be available in bookstores.
I have learned that this publishing company distributes every title nationwide through Ingram/Spring Arbor, the world's largest book distributor. They place actual product into Ingram's warehouse, ensuring my work is available to all the major book outlets, both physical bookseller stores and online websites such as amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, and target.com.
They don't just provide or ensure availability of their products to book stores. They actually stock product with stores and distributors. They use traditional methods of supplying vendors and accept returns 100% of the time. They have excelled and have shown over 218% growth the last four years in sales for the industry. They also has achieved great success with their product line because of their successful and talented authors, marketing staff and wonderful partnerships with every major book store, groups like Key Marketing Communications, and even niche markets like Starbucks, Java Dave's Coffee, FYE, and many more. These venues and partners provide wonderful opportunities for all of their authors and artists alike. These are I am looking for that the publishing company I choose, has professional marketing staff and strong distributions internationally.
In addition, they work with their authors outside the retail market and into the specific niche that is unique to my book. They target the precise audience for my work and assist me in getting my book into the hands of those who need it most! (*)
Published at Helium Network, August 6, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment