Thursday, November 13, 2014

Valentine Poetry

Several days before Valentines Day, I wrote 3 poets at an online Indonesia news, www.kabarindonesia.com. I had chosen one of them to my husband as a Valentines Gift. Below is one of the poets I had chosen to write it on a sweet valentines card that I had given it to him.
MY SOUL-MATE
my soul-mate is a half of my soul
a half of my life
a wing of my single wing
so we can fly perfectly
when I am down
he will be down
when I rise
He will rise
wherever I go
he will be there for me
whenever I need him
he will be always at my side
when the suffering unsheathes me
he is my comfort
when crying attacks me
he is my arm-rest
when the sadness comes
he is my support
when the happiness approaches me
he is my joyful
I know he is not perfect
his pluses and minuses
good and bad
I accept and love him
as the way of he is
Do you want to know what the response I got from him?... A kiss and a great confession flied on my right cheek. He said, "I love the gift that comes from the heart. I want to cry everytime I read that poetry. Thank you, Honey. It was the best valentine gift I ever had." (*)
Published at Helium Network, September 5, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment